Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Stuff

Swimming Lessons!
Our swim teacher always takes underwater pictures and here are the ones from this year.

new doc 2_2

new doc 2_3

new doc 2_1

Fishing!
Rock took Cade and Levi fishing for their dates with Dad this month.  Unfortunately, he only got pictures of Cade. 
photo 3

photo 2

The Two Week Summer Reading Program
I usually don’t like the prizes/rewards for the library summer reading programs so we decide on something the kids really want to be their reward at the end of the summer.  This summer Levi decided on a scooter.  He’s been using his brothers’ for a long time and they are often fighting over them, so I thought a scooter was a fabulous idea.  Thinking he’d read about a book a day (1st grade level books don’t take long to read), I set the goal at 50 books.  He had to read the book AND write the title down.  Surely that would keep him busy all summer.  Nope.  He read constantly for 2 weeks and earned his scooter! 

braces off 022No more fighting over scooters and I can still make him read a book a day.  Mwahahahahaha!

 The Roof Date
Last week for our date Rock took me to dinner.  He got Sushi, a new favorite of his. (Yuck!)

butterflies 082

When we got home, we put the little ones to bed and then he totally surprised me by taking me up onto our roof to watch the sunset!  The climb was a little scary, I’ll admit, but it was so awesome to be up there.  What a wonderful, romantic idea!  We have a great view!

photo 1

photo 2

photo 2I think this one wins “Best Date Award” for 2014

No More Braces! (for a while)
Reagan got his 1st set of braces off this week!  He’ll have another set at 15 or 16.

braces off 004

The first thing he wanted to do was eat a caramel apple.

braces off 010

braces off 009

And lastly this week we made newborn kits for Project Haiti, a project to build hospitals in Haiti.

braces off 027

2 comments:

Miss Wesel said...

Definitely like the blog background. Loved all the updates. I hate the reading incentives too, I think they are dumb I would much rather set my own reward.

Donald G said...

I read 50 Books in - lifetime once.